Using key combos and Back function in making custom skin

Using key combos and Back function in making custom skin

Postby Mr. T » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:16 pm

I was trying to create a remote for GOM player for my own use. Before JumiTap started lagging ("Please wait" screen), most of my buttons worked, even keystroke combo "alt l".

I am having trouble getting the Back function to work, keystroke "backspace", and any keystroke combo using the "control" key. I tried using the Up and Down nodes to try getting the Back function to work. I don't know what to do about backspace. As for the "control" combos, I tried using "leftcontrol" and using just 1 or 2 nodes to do press-and-release. I checked the mask colors which corresponded correctly to the buttons I wanted in the layout file.

I looked at the gallery remotes as examples and modified my layout file. What I haven't tried is script which I really don't have time to learn nor have the talent for (I'm not really a tech kind of guy).

If someone could help me, that'd be great.
Mr. T

Re: Using key combos and Back function in making custom skin

Postby NokiaGuy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Mr T,

I'm currently working on a remote for VLC player. When you say the 'back function', do you mean to take you back to the JumiTAP main screen? If so, this is how I have it working:

Code: Select all
<Button Mask="ff0000">
      Back to main menu
      <Down>
         back
      </Down>
   </Button>

As for combo keystrokes, I use several in my remote for things like volume up/down etc. This is how I have them:

Code: Select all
<Button Mask="0000ff">
      volume down
      <Down>
         Press control downarrow
      </Down>
      <Up>
         Release control downarrow
      </Up>
   </Button

Hope that helps! Happy to discuss more... :)
NokiaGuy

Re: Using key combos and Back function in making custom skin

Postby pudnyka » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:29 am

I am not able to play mkv files on my PC. I tried using VLC, media player and GOM player. what shud i do? While using VLC and GOM players, the file opens but then it hangs there. I even downloaded the codec.But i still cannot play mkv files.

EDIT: End Signature removed by moderator - reason: spam.
pudnyka

Return to JumiRemotes