Remotes

Remotes

Postby inkey » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 am

Hi,

I am a new user, I downloaded the app on my ipod touch and installed the program on my laptop (Vista), but after I open the app on my ipod touch and successfully connected with my laptop, there's only the blue screen with the name of the app but no remotes. Am I supposed to download the remotes from the website before I can start using it?
inkey

Re: Remotes

Postby NPTeach10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

I have tried on 3 different computers (WinXP) to use the Remotes add-ons in the Remotes gallery and I also get nothing. I click the remote program I want from the gallery, I then click OPEN from the download screen, then it says it was installed successfully. I then go to connect using my iPhone4 and open the Remotes app and all I get is a screen on my phone that says REMOTES. There is nothing there, no apps, no remotes, nothing from what I tried to install from the gallery. Why is this happening? This is very similar to the reader who just posted. How do I get the remotes I downloaded onto my iPhone? Please help.
NPTeach10

Re: Remotes only showing logo, no remotes listed

Postby Brownie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 pm

I am also having the same problem. Here is some more information.
When I first installed the PC program and the iPhone app. I saw the default remotes listed when using the JumiRemotes app.
I then installed the mediacentre remote. Which appeared and worked ok. I removed a couple of unused remotes by deleting the ZIP file. I can't remember for sure now but I seem to think they were in the program directory sturcture, but maybye not?
The next day I went to use the app there were no remotes listed on the iPhone, just the Remotes logo. The PC also showed the same logo.
I uninstalled and reinstalled both PC and iPhone app. Same isssue. Cleaned the registery and reinstalled. Same issue
When installing the mediacentre remote I got the installed ok message. I can see the default remote zip file and any remotes I add in the C:\Users\MediaCentre\Documents\JumiController\JumiTAP directory. They don't exist in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Jumi directory or sub directories. I tried copying the JumiTAP directory into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Jumi directory and sub directories, but no luck.
When I select the app, the Jumi program on the PC changes from the Jumi Controller to the Remotes screen so connection is ok.
All other light apps in the JumiOne app run ok.
The os is Windows 7 64bit

Great app, I hope this issue can be fixed. Let me know if there is anything you want me to try.
Brownie

Postby mikeyowen » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:20 am

I also have an issue with the remote app. As with the others here, I download the remote file and then double click it. It replies that it was successfully imported but upon starting the app and select remotes, all that is displayed is the remote splash screen. I have both the JumiOne and the JumiRemotes, and both respond alike.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular file directory these files should be in? Mine is structured as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jumi\" with the only other folder as \Driver. I have Jumi Controller v4.02 and Library v3.10 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

As a footnote, the JumiMouse works great.
mikeyowen

Postby jaescu66 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Same here as above; the application has been working perfectly until last week. I'm guessing there's a problem with the app. Please fix ASAP
jaescu66

Postby jaescu66 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:42 pm

You guys:

From JUMI support:

I am sending you the link of new version of controller which has to solve your problem (it is not on our site yet):

http://s3.amazonaws.com/jumiproducts/In ... mi4.03.exe

Please uninstall the version that you have on your computer, first download and only then install the new version

It fixed it...
jaescu66

Postby Brownie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 pm

The new version fixed the issue, Thanks
Brownie

Return to JumiRemotes